Denise
Detroit

Trieste, Venice

What's the best way to get to Trieste from Venice??

It'll be me and my family and we're traveling fairly light. I hear that there's a ferry that we could take. Does anyone know the name of the company and exactly what line I should take and the cost? Also, I'd like to leave directly from Venice if we can and not the mainland of Italy. Thanks!!!

I have never heard of a ferry serving that route and I would suggest that you take the train.

They run very frequently and are cheap and easy to use.

You will need to change trains in  Mestre but that is usually very easy and straight forward.

1. Mestre (city)

Roberta from Reggio di Calabria

Hi Denise, 

I know that there's a train from Venezia to Trieste Centrale, maybe only some days is direct and not the whole week. You can find further information on trenitalia.it

Roberta

Ivan from Bariloche, Argentina

claus andersen, that's not true! The train from Venezia Santa Lucia to Trieste Centrale is direct.