Annie
San Luis Obispo

Torres del Paine, Patagonia (Argentina)

Torres Del Paine in June/July?

I'm planning a trip to Torres del Pain in June/Julyish, which I know is pretty chilly during the Winter but also great because it's so empty! Does anyone have any tips about cheap places to stay or activities to do during the Winter season?

Paola from Chile

Hello, The Torres del Paine National Park is open all year but it's best to go between october an april because days are longer, sunnier. high season is in January an february so if you don't want to have so many people don't go around in those months.

1. Torres del Paine National Park (attraction)

Pedro from Buenos Aires

Hi, Annie!

Torres del Paine National Park is beautiful no matter the season you go.

But it can get quite freezing there during winter, with extreme weather conditions and very few daylight hours.

You can get a day tour to the park, but many services won't work or have limited availability during winter time.

I'd recommend you try to book a tour to be sure you'll be able to even get in the park. And, you can get to El Calafate to see the Glaciar Perito Moreno, also a very beautiful and cold experience - totally worth it! There are trekking and boat tours, estancias to visit and horseback ridding through the country.

Sorry I don't have any tips on cheap places to stay, but I hope the tips on tours and such are helpful.

Many of the activities you saw above, you can find at the site of the place I work: http://www.argentina4u.com/calafate-tours-c-89.html

Hope you have a great time!

Cheers!

2. El Calafate (city)
  3. Glaciar Perito Moreno (attraction)