N

N asked

Toronto to Los Angeles via New Mexico?

Any routes from Toronto to LA that involve stopping in New Mexico? Want to be efficient in route but see more southern states…

Toronto (Canada) Claremont (California)   Santa Fe (New Mexico)

Mary from Leicester
For Toronto to Claremont via NM you could use googlemaps to explore this route and decide whether it suits you. It's much the same distance as the more northerly route via Chicago, Denver and Las Vegas.
1. Pick up the I-75 at Detroit then travel via Toledo (Ohio) to pick up the I-69 to the south of Fort Wayne.
2. Follow the I-69 to Indianapolis, bypass the city to the east on the I-465 then pick up the I-70.
3. Follow the I-70 to St Louis then pick up the I-44.
4. Follow the I-44 to Oklahoma City then pick up the I-40W.
5. The I-40W will take you through NM & Arizona almost to Claremont (you first join the I-15 at Barstow). 
You could easily leave the I-40 just west of Santa Rosa (New Mexico) and visit Santa Fe (New Mexico) taking the 84 then the I-25W before rejoining the I-40 by taking the I-25S to Albuquerque.

1. Toronto (city)
  2. Claremont (city)
  3. Detroit (city)
  4. Toledo (Ohio) (city)
  5. Fort Wayne (city)
  6. Indianapolis (city)
  7. St Louis (attraction)
  8. Oklahoma City (city)
  9. Barstow (city)
  10. Santa Rosa (New Mexico) (city)
  11. Santa Fe (New Mexico) (city)
  12. Albuquerque (city)