Jane asked

Things to see

Road trip for my husband and myself. We both have mobility issues and a small budget.

Toronto (Canada) Ashville (Alabama)   Nashville (Tennessee)

I would drive South from Toronto to Morgantown, WV. Stay on the South side of the city so you can avoid morning traffic.
Stay near The Biltmore in Asheville. It is all Handicap Accessible. Worth the visit.
Carry 1 case of water per person. Walmart sells DRIVE wheelchairs. Get the transport only wheelchair. It is easy to lift in and out of car. Pack a few light bags for each night in hotel. Bring your own pillows. Plan on driving 6 hours/day. Sign up for La Quinta Rewards. Stay at La Quinta Inns. Bring a mid size cooler. Bring slider plastic gallon bags. Bring some Glad scented trash bags. Bring a glad air fresher. Bring a few bags to put the gallon ice bags into. They leak a bit so I put a towel under all. Then I have cool drinks. Tea, Juice, water. Have a bag for medications. I use the cloth $1 grocery bags. I load all items on my wheelchair, after I check in and visit the room. Leave at 4am. Asheville is a beautiful place. Then drive to Nashville. Stay in a La Quinta near the airport. Nashville has a lot of traffic. I would go down to the Steam Ship. There are music venues all over. It should be a nice trip. I shop at The Dollar Tree. Easy in and out.

Do you mean Asheville, North Carolina?