Shireen
Hong Kong

Toronto

Where should I shop in Toronto?

Where are the best streets, areas, or malls to shop in Toronto? Looking for clothes, home goods, jewelry, etc. from designer to deals!

Seamus James

Toronto is Canada's Manhattan when it comes to shopping and dining so bring a big bag, tons of cash and wear comfortable shoes to get the job done! Starting from the Eaton Centre -- located between 2 Subway stops along Toronto's East/West dividing line Yonge St-- this shoppers paradise has everything under one glass roof to satisfy every taste. From here venture along Queen Street West for more boutique type shopping and eateries. Try the Queen Mother Café for some of the best Pad Thai in town (a disconnect I know but trust me it's that good.) One can follow Queen West as it's known for quiet a distance without a break in great shopping, eating or drinking. Take one of the Queen Street electric railcars (see photo) back east and take it right out to the Beaches where the shopping and restaurants take a page from old main street with tree lined businesses mix with parks along a sandy beachfront boardwalk. Try this at sunset for a magical evening by the shore. For those looking for a more high end experience, venture uptown to Bloor St E and Yonge where Millionaire's row features world-class shopping and top notch eateries within converted Victorian-era homes and bistro outdoor patio dining. If ethnic dining is what you're looking for, each night you're in town pick a neighbourhood to sample like Little Italy (College St West), Chinatown (Spadina Road), Greek Town, Distillery District (Parliament & Front), Harbourfront Centre (recently revitalized) and my personal favourite "The Village" which is a colourful mix of bars, patios, restaurants and shopping along Church St just south of Wellesley. Drop by Boutique Bar for a handcrafted libation and tell them "Seamus sent me." You'll be happy you did! Enjoy and welcome to Hogtown! -- Seamus James

1. Eaton Centre (attraction)
  2. Yonge St (attraction)
  3. Queen Street West (neighborhood)
  4. Queen Mother Café (restaurant)
  5. Bloor St E (attraction)
  6. Little Italy (neighborhood)
  7. Chinatown (neighborhood)
  8. Greek Town (attraction)
  9. Distillery District (attraction)
  10. Harbourfront Centre (attraction)
  11. Church St (attraction)
  12. Boutique Bar (restaurant)

Payal from Canada

Queen West (west of spadina) has some great local store and some great Toronto designers. Eaton Centre has all the regular name brands but for more unique items I would avoid the mall and go to areas such as queen west and Kensington Market. For higher end go to Yorkville (Bloor and avenue). Hope this helps and enjoy shopping!

1. Queen West (restaurant)
  2. Eaton Centre (attraction)
  3. Kensington Market (neighborhood)
  4. Yorkville (attraction)

Jenny from Toronto, Ontario

Eaton Centre at yonge and dundas. 

1. Eaton Centre (attraction)

Anastasia from Toronto

Shireen, my favorite mall here is Yorkdale Shopping Centre.
There is a great variety of shops, including designers such as Armani, Chanel, etc.

If you are looking for good deals and sales, I would recommend Vaughan Mills Shopping Centre. The only issue with this one is that it is not in the city you you would need to drive there or take a bus. The trip will take about an hour, but it is worth it! The info about how to get there using public transport you can find at http://www.vaughanmills.com/Planning-Your-Visit/Getting-Here.aspx

Best,

Anastasia 

1. Yorkdale Shopping Centre (attraction)
  2. Vaughan Mills Shopping Centre (attraction)

Marina from Toronto

When I need a good dose of retail therapy I head to the Bloor-Yorkville Business Improvement Area. Aside from being an amazing place to shop it’s a lovely little area to just walk around in.—like if you mixed your favorite mall with your favorite shopping street. What I love is that it’s not just clothing or home goods shopping it’s art galleries as well so you can get a little culture while you spend money. As far as price points it’s totally all over the place. If you like sushi there’s a little place called Asuka Japanese Restaurant that I would try. For drinks I would try Amber Restaurant And Bar.

1. Bloor-Yorkville Business Improvement Area (attraction)
  2. Asuka Japanese Restaurant (restaurant)
  3. Amber Restaurant And Bar (restaurant)