Lynn
Texas

Toronto

Reasonable place to stay

I'm heading to Toronto for business on August 11th and will be returning the 14th. I expect to finish my business early on the 12th and would like to go to the zoo. Does anyone know which neighborhood I should stay in that is safe and reasonable for a single female traveler? I also would like to use public transportation. This is personal business so money is not free-flowing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tara from Toronto

Hi Lynn,
Toronto is very safe for a city its size even for a solo female traveler. If this is your first time to Toronto I would echo recommendations to stay near the downtown core so that you can explore and there are many transit connections to get you anywhere else you need to go. Neighbourhoods around there might include the Entertainment DistrictKing West Villagequeen westWaterfront Neighbourhood CentreChinatownKensington Market just to name a few. There is public transportation that can get you to the zoo from downtown. There is also the Ripley's Aquarium of Canada right downtown which is pretty great. AirBnB is great if you were looking to save money, and there are tons of options depending on which neighbourhood you want to stay in.

1. Entertainment District (attraction)
  2. King West Village (attraction)
  3. Waterfront Neighbourhood Centre (attraction)
  4. Chinatown (attraction)
  5. Kensington Market (neighborhood)
  6. Ripley's Aquarium of Canada (attraction)

Lissa from Toronto

Lynn Toronto is a big city. I don't kown in what part of Toronto you are going to do business. However I am going to assume that you will be doing business in downtown Toronto or near by. Toronto is a very safe city even for a single female traveler. Since money is a concerned I look at rental option in a private home or studio in a good neigborough near transportation. I am sending you three links so you can contact these people to see if their rental is available. The first two are is the East end of Toronto which should be good since you want to go to the Zoo. The second link is near Kennedy station. This is where you would take the bus to go to the Zoo. The 3rd link would be good for you if you are doing business downtown or near downtown since it is at Pape station which is three station from downtown. All three places are safe and near transportation.

https://www.roomorama.com/short-term-rentals/toronto/scarborough/apartment/344528?origin=search&page=1

https://www.roomorama.com/short-term-rentals/toronto/scarborough/room/261078?origin=search&page=1

https://www.roomorama.com/short-term-rentals/canada/apartment/165460?origin=search&page=1

Hope that help. Enjoy your stay in Toronto. Great place to visit. Although the summer so far has been extremely hot.

Annemarie from New York City

The Le Germain! 

Deborah from Toronto

Hi Lynn! Toronto is a very safe city, all of Canada is. You can stay anywhere without issue. The Zoo is actually in Scarborough not near the city centre. I would recommend if you want to explore the city and be near restaurants and things to stay in the center or along one of the subway lines for easy commuting. What is your budget?