Susie
Boston

Susie from Boston asked

Planning a 3 days weekend in Toronto

I'm planning to visit Toronto from February 12-15. Is the weather going to be horrible? 

For hotel, I'm planning to stay in the downtown area. Any recommendations what to do indoor?

Thanks 😄

Toronto

Brenda from Canada

Well Susie I think that you probably have the same weather as we do ( I live an hour away from Toronto) so I think you are climatized for our weather. I notice a list that some one else posted those are all great suggestions.

Michael from Toronto, Ontario

Weather isn't 'horrible', it's been a mild winter but there are some cold days that get pretty cold with the wind shield. My advice is bring layers, shirts, sweaters, jackets, hat, and gloves, and a scarf. If it's warm you just wear less if it's cold you wear more. There is a lot to do both in and out. If you're into food the city has an amazing food scene, you can eat food from all over the world. If you're into art & history you can check out the AGO (art gallery of ontario) or the ROM (royal ontario museum) as the biggest tourist attractions. Good places for research are for food and events in the city are http://torontolife.com/ and http://www.blogto.com/ . Between the two sites you should find some pretty cool stuff to check out.

Deborah from Toronto

Hi Susie, 

The weather in February will be bad. February and March are the coldest and have the most snow. Toronto is a fantastic city with lots to do but not indoors. If you can go another time I would recommend changing your plans. 

Otherwise here are some suggestions for indoor activities. 

AGO

ROM

CN TOWER 

SKATING AT NATHAN PHILIPS OR HARBOR FRONT 

ST LAWRENCE MARKET 

DISTILLERY (OUTDOORS) 

CHEERS 

DEBORAH 

Hello Susie! If you are not afraid of heights, I always recommend to visit CN Tower. The 360 restaurant combine a magnificent revolving view of Torontowith an outstanding international gastronomy. At night, the tower is illuminated with a programmable LED lighting that turns the trip into such a unique experience.

A walk by the waterfront trail on Lake Ontario is always a must. You have asked for indoors activities therefore Royal Ontario Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario are also good alternatives.

Pics from my last trip. Hope this helps!

1. CN Tower (attraction)
  2. Toronto (city)
  3. Lake Ontario (attraction)
  4. Royal Ontario Museum (attraction)
  5. Art Gallery of Ontario (attraction)