Abe
La Jolla

Toronto

Nightlife and good cocktail bars in Toronto

Going up to Toronto to visit a good friend who just moved there and I'd like to treat him to a couple of really good cocktails while I'm there (he's very, very into mixology). Any suggestions?  We especially like hidden hole in the wall places if you can think of any.  Is there anything else cool to do at night?

Melissa from St. John's, Newfoundland

I don't know if it counts as a hole in the wall place but I really like BarChef for cocktails. Your friend will be into it I bet. Pravda Vodka Bar is also an interesting spot for a drink.

One of my own go-tos for evenings in Toronto is The Rex Hotel Jazz and Blues Bar for some pints and jazz.

1. BarChef (attraction)
  2. Pravda Vodka Bar (attraction)
  3. The Rex Hotel Jazz and Blues Bar (attraction)

Gregory from Toronto

Cold Tea at 60 Kensington in Kensington Market Speakeasy bar, difficult to find but worth it. Great vibe, Dim Sum served as 'bar snacks'

1. Cold Tea (restaurant)
  2. Kensington Market (neighborhood)

Ricardo

Hi, you should try The Madison Avenue Pub It has nice cocktails and the music is great.

1. The Madison Avenue Pub (attraction)

Tara from Toronto

For a hole in the wall place with great cocktails, you've got to go to Cold Tea. It's on Kensington Avenue, in Kensington Market; to find the actual bar, you have to go through this tiny Chinese mall-like hallway, and then near the end of the hallways there's a big grey door on your left. It's a little confusing, but definitely worth it.

The Black Hoof on Dundas West is also great, though definitely somewhat more upscale. It's still got character though, and prices are pretty close to the city standard.

There's lots of other things to do at night depending on your tastes. More upscale lounges down on King Street, the clubbing district on Adelaide Place, dive bars and pubs on Little Italy, Ossington & Bloor. There's also tons of live music and other events going on in the city regularly.

1. Cold Tea (restaurant)
  2. Kensington Market (neighborhood)
  3. The Black Hoof (restaurant)
  4. Adelaide Place (attraction)
  5. Little Italy (neighborhood)
  6. Ossington & Bloor (attraction)

Alica from Australia

I can say MR. GREEK Mediterranean Grill which is affordable bar to hangout and is chill.

1. MR. GREEK Mediterranean Grill (restaurant)