• Erica Haubert
  • "Must see locations in Toronto in 3 days."

Must see locations in Toronto in 3 days.

I will be visiting Toronto next month for a business purpose. It will be a week long trip, but most of it will be spent in the office. I have 3 days to see as much of Toronto and nearby places as possible. I know there are places like Niagara and Algonquin park near Toronto. Is it possible to make a 3 day plan covering those places? This link: http://www.macsuites.ca/explore-toronto/ mentions a few locations in the Toronto area that are worth visiting. Are there any more of such places near Toronto that can be included in a short tour plan? 

Details:

Style: Nothing worth mentioning.

Budget: -Any-

Travel companions: none.

Trip: April 2017 (1 week long, but only 3 days for sightseeing).

• Marie-France Roy

I've lived in Toronto for 28 years, so here's my advice. Skip Algonquin as it is a 3-hour drive from the city and not really suited to day tripping. Niagara Falls is easy to do, especially if you have a rental car. There are tours as well, and you can even go by bus if you don't mind walking a bit from the bus stop. If you can, make a stop in Niagara-on-the-Lake, a quaint little town nearby, known for its wineries.

Of course you should spend some time in Toronto itself. I wrote a post about things to see and do for people on a short layover (arranged by interests) but you could string some of these together to occupy a couple of days: http://bigtravelnut.com/toronto-layover-what-to-see-and-do/. If you like walking tours, I recommend Urban Adventures: http://www.torontourbanadventures.com/Toronto-tours. Or read this post for more ideas: http://bigtravelnut.com/walking-tours-in-toronto/.

Hope this helps!

1. Niagara Falls (city)
    2. Niagara-on-the-Lake (city)
    3. Toronto (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Marie-France a Thank You Note