Rudy
Tappan, New York

Toronto

Looking for recommendations for things to do in Toronto this summer.

My wife and I will be visiting Toronto for a few days in late July. We are looking for restaurants, nightlife, cool neighborhoods to explore. We like things that give you a feel for the life in the city - not necessarily the usual tourist areas. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Melinda from Toronto

Good question. I definitely  would recommend going to the heart of downtown Toronto.  Also,there is an amazing nightclub right next to the queens street Lush store which you should check out. Of course the CN Tower is always fun and they have an amazing restaurant at the top of the building. I hope you enjoy your stay in our wonderful city!

1. Toronto (city)
  2. Lush (attraction)
  3. CN Tower (attraction)

Emma from Pickering, Ontario

Dundas & Ossington or The AnnexBathurst StationBloor West Village - these are young hip neighborhoods with cool bars (like painted lady where a burlesque dancer is on the bar most weekends) and lots of yummy restos. 

Little Italy along College is great - especially if there is a Euro Cup game still on when you come! X1000 if it's Italy in the final! 

Roncesvalles Village  is an older ($$$) neighbourhood - with lovely shops to find unique gifts / clothes. High Park is right Round the corner from rocy so I would rent city bikes and head for a cruise around high park :) there's a wee little zoo in high park and recently they accidentally released the 2 capibaras and they were loose around high park for a few weeks which caused quite a lot of news reporting  

There's probably some kind of st festival / city festival going on in the city when you are here - ie beaches jazz fest / luminato fest / taste of the Danforth etc.  

Or something going on at Woodbine Park near the beaches - I would definitely come to Leslieville on the east end for a nice brunch and then go to the beaches :) stop at the Arts Market to pick up something made by local artisans.

1. Dundas (attraction)
  2. Ossington (attraction)
  3. The Annex (attraction)
  4. Bathurst Station (attraction)
  5. Bloor West Village (attraction)
  6. Little Italy (neighborhood)
  7. Roncesvalles Village (attraction)
  8. High Park (attraction)
  9. Woodbine Park (attraction)
  10. Leslieville (attraction)