Courtney

Toronto

Happenings in Toronto

Going to Toronto this summer to visit a friend and I'll have to be on my own while he's at work. Anyone know any interesting events going on that I can occupy myself with?

Though I haven't experienced any Toronto events, I'm pretty certain from my experience there, that they'll be well done, so a quick search should lead you to something that interests you. 

The Royal Ontario Museum has regular Friday Night Live events including concerts and costume parties that are fun and not the somber event you'd expect from a museum.

Though I've mentioned it here before, the food and bike tours of Toronto are great too and give you a deeper sense of the city.  I stuffed myself on the Leslieville tour, but there are many tours to choose from and even culinary events like the Great Cheese Festival.  The bike tours also give you choices of many Toronto neighborhoods and themes.  You don't have to be an accomplished rider either.  Tours include water, a helmet and bike rental and last about 3 hours.

1. Royal Ontario Museum (attraction)

Kim from Portland

Take the ferry to Centre Island and rent a bike then head to Ward's Island (they're connected). Stop for lunch and a drink at The Rectory Cafe, they even have bike parking. It's great. There's a hippie village out there and you can race kids on scooters. Fun.

1. Centre Island (attraction)
  2. Ward's Island (attraction)
  3. The Rectory Cafe (restaurant)