Jenna
Oakville, Ontario

Toronto, Germany

HELP! Tips for Cheap Christmas Flights Canada to Europe!

I am usually a flight wizard but am having the most IMPOSSIBLE luck finding affordable round trip flights from Toronto to Europe. Best case scenario would be Toronto to Basel, Frankfurt or Basel - however at this point I'm considering any country in Europe! 

Dates: Dec 20th (or a few days earlier) - Jan. 3 (or a few days earlier)

Please, please, please HELP ME! 😢😟 all I want for Christmas is to spend time with my mommy! 

I use google/skyscanner to explore deals, and play with the dates to find the cheapest. In terms of tips, flying holidays and weekends is super high cost. Tuesday/Wednesday is the best time.

Looks like Delta has some deals.

Dec 17 - 31 Toronto - Brussels $829
Dec 23 - Jan 7 Toronto - Brussels $991
Dec 23 - Jan 7 Toronto - Zurich $958

Swiss Air/AirCanada

Dec 16 - Jan 7 Toronto - Geneva $867

Travis from Kamloops

Hey Jenna, take a look at Canadian Affair...they use AirTransat and you can often get a decent price. best I could find was (16th and 30th for 1179 total roundtrip - for a little more you can change the dates a bit). That gets you to London Gatwick and you should hopefully be able to find a budget flight to where you need to go from there (EasyJet, Ryanair, FlyBe, etc.)

I also found an AirBerlin flight for 1700 return, but it is out the 15th, back the 30th from Toronto to Berlin (you could check other German cities)...I don't think AirBerlin is on search engines. 

There is also some good options if you are willing to change airports in the New York area (depends on how comfortable you are). If you search on airfare watchdog and look at the Hipmunk or Flighthub tabs they have this option. It would mean flying into JFK and switching to Laguardia or Newark (this is actually pretty easy and not too expensive at all!). 

The final option would be to take the train to a nearby city. 

Hope this helps...reply back if you want more help...we were trying to get home at this time of year a few years ago and some kind people helped us on some similar forums...happy to pass on the help!