Courtney

Toronto

Cultural Attractions?

I'm visiting one of my best friends this fall in Toronto and would love some ideas about what to see and do. I'm staying with him so no need for a hotel. I love museums, shopping, and architecture. I also LOVE to walk so any ideas for that are very welcome. I know less about this city than any place I've ever been so I'm totally open to ideas. I also LOVE to window shop so if there are any great neighborhoods for that, I'd love to know!

Robyn from Toronto

The  Art Gallery of Ontario is downtown from there you can walk north west to  Kensington Market market. They have health food stores, multicultural culinary treats & unique clothing stores. Great for people watching and grabbing a really well made coffee. If you do go to the  Royal Ontario Museum then be sure to walk up to  Yorkville which is our ritzy shopping area. You can walk along bloor and window shop the high end and middle end stores. From there grab a drink in the hotel lobby bar of the  Four Seasons Hotel Toronto and a bite to eat at  Trattoria Nervosa

1. Art Gallery of Ontario (attraction)
  2. Kensington Market (attraction)
  3. Royal Ontario Museum (attraction)
  4. Yorkville (attraction)
  5. Four Seasons Hotel Toronto (hotel)
  6. Trattoria Nervosa (restaurant)

Teresa from San Antonio

The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM)  is a MUST! I was just in Toronto for the first time last week and was able to visit a few key places while there.  The Bata Shoe Museum is just a couple blocks from the ROM and also a great one to see.  I am one of the few women that is NOT into shoes but I enjoyed the museum so much.  Lots of history and great displays as well as a kiosk where you can design your own shoes and have them mailed to you once they are made! Very cool!  I spent a couple hours walking around Toronto University and could have easily spent more time (unfortunately I was very limited).  The architecture on the campus and all around the area is absolutely beautiful.  Fall will be a gorgeous time to enjoy and take photos.  Walking along the Waterfront Trail at Queens Quay is great too--there is the Toronto Music Garden with great places to sit, enjoy the FABULOUS views and take pictures.  The Distillery District and Evergreen Brick Works Farmers Market were also 2 of my favorites for walking.  The Distillery District has more restaurants and cute shops to explore while the Evergreen is nature within the city-it's a beautiful park with trails you can explore on foot or bike (they rent them there).  They have a gift shop and great cafe there as well.  Casa Loma is another great place for visiting and picture taking.  The neighborhood that surrounds it is also very lovely for walking.  All of these places are easily accessed from the public transportation system.  The subway, bus and streetcars are all great to use in addition to just your feet.  Toronto also has the great bike share program where you can rent a bike at one location and then turn in at another (and basically go from one place to the next using the bikes).

1. Royal Ontario Museum (attraction)
  2. The Bata Shoe Museum (country)
  3. Distillery District (attraction)
  4. Evergreen Brick Works Farmers Market (restaurant)
  5. Casa Loma (attraction)

Jacqueline from Winnipeg

I think that you will enjoy the ROM the Royal Ontario Museum, Casa Loma, and the Ontario Science Centre.

1. Royal Ontario Museum (attraction)
  2. Casa Loma (attraction)
  3. Ontario Science Centre (attraction)