Amy
Vancouver

Tokyo

Wifi connection in Tokyo

I will be traveling to Tokyo next month and was wondering if anyone knows if my unlocked samsung galaxy s7 will be compatible with the sim cards there? I will need to rent a sim card and would like to go with a company that has good coverage. I have done some research but does anyone know of a place called Genki Mobile?

Also, I am thinking i will need wifi for my trip when i fly to instanbul/cappadocia and then to cairo after that. Should I rent in Tokyo then in Turkey then in Egypt or is there a company that offers a sim card in all of those countries so i don't have to go through the trouble of renting in each country?

Scott from Cesky Krumlov

The sim cards used in Japan are the same as elsewhere.  Should not be a problem.

Perhaps you should consider just using the wifi in your accommodation.  Yes, you will be unconnected while roaming outside of the hotels, but no need for sim cards and it will a LOT easier and cheaper.