Sunil
Mountain View

Tokyo

Where to stay in Tokyo for honeymoon

Going to Japan for my honeymoon sometime in the fall of 2014 and Tokyo is one of the stops.  Does anyone have any favorite hotels there?  Since this is for my honeymoon, we don't mind splurging and actually prefer to stay somewhere nicer!

Zach from Los Angeles

I just spent my honeymoon in Tokyo last month and enthusiastically endorse the Park Hyatt Tokyo (which you may recognize as the hotel from Lost in Translation) as a splurge hotel. Fair warning: Shinjuku is not the most central location, and if that's of paramount importance this probably isn't the spot for you. That said, what it lacks in convenience it more than makes up for in service, amenities, and truly the most magical hotel bar anywhere in the world. If you do stay, make sure you take advantage of their free shuttle to and from Shinjuku station for getting around by train. 

1. Park Hyatt Tokyo (hotel)

Andrew from Minneapolis

Here are my favorite places to stay in Tokyo:

• The Peninsula Tokyo: The design of the hotel hints at traditional Japanese design. Located across the street from the Imperial Palace, the hotel has fantastic views of the city.
  • Hotel The b Akasaka: The rooms are extremely simplistic with all the amenities you would like in a hotel room. The location of the hotel makes getting around the city easy.
  • Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo: The suites in this hotel have huge windows over looking the Tokyo skyline. A great place to stay and take in the city.
  • Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi: This Four Seasons is located so close to the action, but still feels like a retreat.

Randi from Palo Alto

Check out The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo. The lobby is breathtaking and the concierge went above and beyond to help us and make sure we had an amazing trip and easy time getting around. Also, afternoon tea is really fabulous.

1. The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo (hotel)

Christina from Melbourne

This is not exactly in Tokyo but since you mentioned that you're happy to splurge I recommend looking into Hoshinoya Karuizawa Hotel , a secluded mountainside hot springs resort in Nagano. It should take about an hour away from Tokyo by bullet train.

I haven't been myself but wanted to go badly on our last trip ever since I read up about this place in a couple of travel magazines and blogs. Depending on when you are going they sometime have special rates up on their website.

Definitely check out the various rooms, hot springs and spa offerings. I believe there's a shopping area nearby the train station too.

1. Hoshinoya Karuizawa Hotel (hotel)

Veronica from San Francisco

Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyu is a nice hotel, very central.

1. Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyu (hotel)