Junwei
Yishun, Singapore

Tokyo

What are the MUST visit places in Japan Tokyo for Family?

Hi Guys,

My family and I will be travelling to Tokyo next year on February 2016. There are 5 of us, we are all adults. We will be there for 5 days 4 nights. Please recommend what are the places to visit. Thanks! :)

Daisuke from Matsue, Shimane

You should visit Asakusa ! You must be able to enjoy the traditional town.

1. Asakusa (region)

Andrew from Tokyo

Hi, I actually live in Tokyo and have had to plan out an itinerary for over 20 sets of visitors over the last 18 months. So here's my recommended itinerary for first timers. So I suggest:

• 1 day around Ginza / Tsukiji
  • 1 day around Ueno / Asakasa / Shinjuku
  • 1 day around Roppongi / Omotesando / Meiji-jingu 
  • 1 day around Shibuya / Daikanyama

I've also collected a number of my favourite haunts here: https://www.pebblar.com/trip/index/11

Duyen from Hội An

For a friendly family, you need to stay at Khaosan World Asakusa RYOKAN & HOSTEL. It's cheap and qualified for parents with kids. Also, you shouldn't miss parks as Ueno park. It's beautiful. Some shopping places as . For kids' entertaiment,  NHK Studio Park is a good choice. You can view my detailed plan with recommeded hotel and where to go with kids here

Rebecca from Manchester

Hi Junwei,

You could head to Disneyland Tokyo. There are two parks there and although it is an expensive day out for a whole family, its a lot of fun and you'll definietly fill up our day.

I also recommend Tokyo Skytower as there is a lot there. Also the Ghibli museum in Tokyo is worth exploring if you and your children like Japanese anime films. If your children like animals then maybe Ueno Zoo.

I have written a blog post on my website about Tokyo and what there is to do, including free things to do! Here is the link: http://bit.ly/1NddNye

Julia

I recommend to visit "Edo museum", Roppongi Hills observation or Tokyo sky tree, Shinjuku (the biggest and busiest station), shopping malls around this area, shibuya, Tokyo station, omotesandou&takeshita douri. ... There are lot of nice places!