Susan

Tokyo

Weirdest restaurants, food, drink, and concert experiences in Tokyo

I'm heading to Tokyo for the 4th time in a few months and am looking for weird, wacky, off-the-beaten path experiences. 

Am already doing things like the Robot Restaurant, the toilet bowl restaurant, that place where you catch your own fish, but am looking for stuff that's really different!

Also already have the typical omakase and ramen places down.

I eat EVERYTHING. Also suggestions on where to see the best Tokyo underground punk scene bands would be great too. 

Brett from Eindhoven

Pay a visit to Kappabashi Street which is where you can find all the plastic food you see on display at restaurants around the country.

The Alice in Wonderland Restaurant was a little quirky, interesting drinks as well. 

Take a train on a day trip down to Kurobatei for a great Tuna experience. Order the eyeball in advance if you want to try it!

1. Kappabashi Street (attraction)
  2. Alice in Wonderland Restaurant (restaurant)
  3. Kurobatei (restaurant)

Patricia from Petaling Jaya

Have you tried the bunny/owl/goat cafes in Tokyo? Don't have the names of them with me off the top of my head, I apologise. 

Rei from San Francisco

Try the prison restaurant in Shibuya called Lock-Up Enjoy!

1. Lock-Up (restaurant)