Marissa
Oakland

Marissa from Oakland asked

Mom and daughter friendly hotels in walkable Tokyo area?

Hello Trippsters!

My mom and I are visiting Tokyo, Japan for a few days (at the tail end of a tour to mainland China) in mid-June. I want to stay in a part of Tokyo that is:

1. somewhat budget friendly (below $200 US dollars/night)

2. walkable to food and shopping

3. good nightlife but not SO loud that it bothers mom!

I don't speak Japanese or read Kanji, and I briefly visited Tokyo last spring with a tour group.  This time, however, we are on our own!  Love to hear your thoughts! Thank you!

Tokyo (Japan)

Roni from Tokyo

For a decent place at that price, maybe try my friend's AirBnB room- Daisuke is really friendly and his properties are at really convenient locations! https://www.airbnb.jp/users/show/10705201 

Tiffy from Philippines

I suggest you to either stay in west Shinjuku area or Ginza. These areas are very much walkable with lots of shops and restaurants around. It is also easy to get around Tokyo as these two areas are connected to the JR Yamanote line.

June is not a peak time to visit Tokyo so it is easy to get 3.5 star hotels under USD 200/night, unless your visit crosses Saturday.

I would personally suggest Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku ホテルサンルートプラザ新宿. Better yet, you may want to check out this Where to Stay in Tokyo blog to learn other suggested hotels in Tokyo for tourists.

Rebecca from Manchester

The Prince Hotels is close to the under and overground stations and it isn't too expensive.

1. Prince Hotels (restaurant)
Peter from San Francisco

My favorite place to stay is Fukudaya Hotel.  It is 10 minutes walk to Shibuya Station in one of my favorite areas.  It is also quite affordable.

http://www2.gol.com/users/ryokan-fukudaya/

nako from London

Go search in the Ginza area. There are many hotels, some even have a womens floor.

Try Hotel Monterey Ginza. The room is small but within your budget and in the super safe area with walking distance to a big supermarket.

1. Ginza (region)
  2. Hotel Monterey Ginza (restaurant)