Issei
Morioka

Tokyo

How do you feel about capsule hotels in Japan?

I am interested in capsule hotels and am curious about what others think. Have you ever stayed in one? If not, would you stay in one?

I've never stayed in one, but I like the idea of them and I wouldn't be opposed to trying one.  I see them as a way to enable people who may not otherwise have the funds to travel, travel more easily, because it drastically drives down the cost of lodging accommodations.  Also, it seems like another way to experience some of the quirks of the city and country and what makes it unique.

To sum it up: I dig :)

Adrien from Art Deco District

I stayed at a Capsule hotel in Hong Kong, the experience was average as they tried to recreate the life on a space shuttle (which is fun) but started to include cheap other stuff and the bed comfort was close to sleeping on the floor. Whereas in Tokyo or Moscow Sleepbox Hotel I think you can have designer-like capsules in wood and high quality furnitures, will definitely try again in Tokyo. Cheers

1. Sleepbox Hotel (attraction)

Arsene from Tokyo

Creeps me out. I am slightly claustrophobic so I don't think I will be able to stay there.