James asked

Going from Tokyo Japan to Los Angeles, CA flying short distances at a time

Going from Tokyo Japan to Los Angeles, CA flying short distances at a time what route would you suggest?

Tokyo   Los Angeles

You probably would not really want to do this, but you can do it by going west instead of east. 

Tokyo to Taiwan to Kuala Lumpur to Chennai to Delhi to Moscow to Paris to Iceland to New York City to Los Angeles  The longest flight is about 6 hours but it would probably take two weeks.

1. Tokyo (attraction)
  2. Taiwan (attraction)
  3. Kuala Lumpur (city)
  4. Chennai (city)
  5. Delhi (city)
  6. Moscow (city)
  8. Iceland (country)
  9. New York City (city)
  10. Los Angeles (city)
James

I think Roslie was on the right track do you think the route you mention can be flown 6 hours from place to place?

By flying from Tokyo to Anchorageis a 8 hour flight do you think it could be shorten to 6 or less hours by making 1 stop before arriving at Anchorage.  Even 4 hours at a time souds good.  From Anchorage to Seattle to Los Angeles might be OK. What do you think?  I do not know how much this idea of a route will cost.  I do not know if there will be any airlines that will make stop like I am thinking.

1. Tokyo (attraction)
  2. Anchorage (city)
  3. Seattle (city)
  4. Los Angeles (city)
Luis from Guatemala City, Guatemala

I could say Tokyo-Hawaii-Seattle-Los Angeles

Viaje Bueno! 

Luis

1. Tokyo (attraction)
  2. Hawaii (attraction)
  3. Seattle (city)
  4. Los Angeles (city)
Janelle from Charleston

There are no short distances between Tokyo and Los Angeles because the route is over water.  You could fly TokyoAnchorage (Alaska), then Anchorage - Ketchikan (Alaska), then Ketchikan - Seattle and Seattle - Los Angeles.

James
hi Janelle, Do you think there might tbe a stop between tokyo or korea to Anchorage? After that Anchorage Seattle to Los Angeles might be the route I am looking for.

Janelle
James, no. Actually, I just checked the Anchorage airport website and there are no longer any nonstop flights between Tokyo and Anchorage. A Russian airline used to fly between Tokyo/Anchorage and Petropavlovsk Kamchatsky, but I don't think they do it anymore. So you'll have to fly across the ocean all the way to Los Angeles, or maybe fly to Seattle or San Francisco and then on to Los Angeles.

1. Tokyo (attraction)
  2. Anchorage (city)
  3. Ketchikan (city)
  4. Seattle (city)
  5. Los Angeles (city)
Scott from Cesky Krumlov

Sorry, but this route is 100% over water.  There is nowhere good to 'stop-over'. 

You could shorten the flight by stopping in Seattle or Vancouver, but you'll still be in the air a very long time on the first flight.

If you prefer 2 flights that are both medium length, try a stop in Hawaii.  You'll get a rest in between, but this will add several hours to the total time in the air.

1. Seattle (city)
  2. Vancouver (city)
  3. Hawaii (attraction)