Noora
Singapore

Tokyo

Dinner/night out alone in Tokyo (female traveler)

Hi- I will be traveling alone to Tokyo on a Friday and looking for recos for nice dinner spot that is conducive to meeting other travelers or locals. My mom will meet me in Tokyo the next day, so would prefer my Friday night outing to be a a mixture of high end food/wine and quirky side of Japan. For example, I won't be able to drag my mom out to Robot or the prison bar, so something along those lines, but suitable for solo traveler. Any recommendations welcome--thanks a ton!

Brett from Eindhoven

One place I might suggest would be one of the branches of Gonpachi, the Izakaya restaurant made famous by Kill Bill (so a little quirky).  Decent food and wine, and enough local and traveler mix usually that you definitely won't feel out of place.  And the one location is located between Roppongi and Shibuya, so you should find other options for what to do after dinner as well.

Andreas from Manhattan

You could try Zauo which is a restaurant where you literally sit in a boat and catch your own fish. I can guarantee you my mom would never go for that!

1. Zauo (attraction)