Sofie
Douala

Tokyo

Best neighbourhood to stay

What neighbourhood should I be looking for a hotel to stay when visiting Tokyo? Which neighbourhood is central, easy to visit most important places and safe/beautiful to stay?

Stew from Toronto

Hard to really stay central and given that the subway system is so efficient, I wouldn't really worry about staying "central". I felt very safe in Ebisu and Meguro. Depending on where you stay, maybe your hotel provides shuttle bus to the station.

It all depends on what you plan on doing and seeing in Tokyo I'd say.

1. Ebisu (attraction)
  2. Meguro (attraction)

Alejandro from Singapore

It's hard to be "central" in such a big city. Stay close to Tokyo Station, its in the Narita Express line so the airport commute is a breeze. It's within walking distance of the Tokyo Imperial PalaceGinza and a bit longer walk to the Tsukiji Fish Market. It's also great to get on a JR train or Shinkansen (bullet trains) if you also plan to travel in Japan. The Marunouchi metro line will take you  to most Tokyo attractions with few transfers.

1. Tokyo Station (attraction)
  2. Tokyo Imperial Palace (attraction)
  3. Ginza (region)
  4. Tsukiji Fish Market (neighborhood)