Winnie
West Hartford

Tokyo

Best family friendly location to spend 4 days?

First time in Tokyo, looking for a convenient location to explore from. Must do Disney 1 day then looking to hit the must see sites in Tokyo and perhaps a day trip to Mt Fuji. Any suggestions on what to see with a 7 yr old would be greatly appreciated. Will pay for convenience but not looking to break the bank.

domo arigato?

Arti from Mumbai

During my stay in Tokyo I had stayed at the Hotel Villa Fontaine Roppongi. It was a lovely hotel, not too flashy but clean and classy. Read my review of the same here - http://www.myyatradiary.com/2012/07/where-to-stay-in-tokyo-hotel-villa.html

The subway trains of Tokyo are a bit confusing at first but they are just awesome and connect the whole city like a web! Keep the map handy and you are ready to explore!

Places to Visit in Tokyo (links to my blog) - 

I was there for 3 days and covered these places. No doubt I would also have missed out on a lot since 3 days is not enough for a city like Tokyo!

I will also recommend you to visit the old towns of Nara and Kyoto. They have some ancient Temples and are not to be missed while in Japan.

Hope you have a wonderful journey to the land of the rising sun, if you have any follow up questions, I would be glad to help you :)

1. Hotel Villa Fontaine Roppongi (hotel)
  2. Tokyo Tower (attraction)
  3. Epson Shinagawa Aqua Stadium (attraction)
  4. Hibiya Koen (attraction)
  5. Tokyo Imperial Palace (attraction)
  6. Sumida River (attraction)
  7. Sensoji Temple (attraction)
  8. Meiji Jingu Shrine (attraction)
  9. Nakamise Dori Shopping Arcade (attraction)

Marcia from Sao Paulo

Odaiba has a lot of cool places for a boys or girls. 

1. Odaiba (neighborhood)