Emma
Jersey

Tokyo

Accommodation Woes

I'm trying to find accommodation in Tokyo - arriving 27 August and departing on 2 September for myself and my daughter aged 8.

I'd like to stay near where there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance and, if possible, where no English is required!

I am looking for a place with a view and the ability to cook for when we are too tired to go out and preferably with a room size of bigger than 6m square.

Any ideas?

Toufic from Lebanon

If money is no object The Peninsula Tokyo in Marunouchi area is the place to be. A block of buildings where more than a hundred gourmets restaurants can be found. You can find cheaper hotels in the area but this is in my humble opinion the foodie hub of tokyo. search for marunouchi online and you will understand they even have a guide of all the gourmet restaurants there. also the whole ginza area has great restaurants and sushi bars and high end shopping.

Enjoy.

1. The Peninsula Tokyo (hotel)
  2. Marunouchi (attraction)

JJ from New York City

Did you mean no Japanese is required? Most locals will not be able to converse much in English, so if you mean " no English required" no problem there :)

Sounds like you're looking for a place with a kitchen, I think your best bet is to look on airbnb, as most hotel rooms won't have a kitchen. Area wise, Shinjuku is a nice family-friendly area. Extremely walkable, quick access to public transportation and tons of shops/restaurants. 

1. Shinjuku (metro area)

Tanya from Shelton, Connecticut

I may have the perfect spot for you. Check out this listing for the Weekly Dormy Inn Meguro Aobadai

The location is fantastic (lots of English and SO MUCH stuff to do in Shibuya), rooms come with a kitchenette, they serve breakfast in the morning and ramen at night. There's also a spa.

If you want a view, you'll definitely have to pay for it. Weekly Dormy doesn't exactly provide a view, but the value is pretty incredible.

Check out my website for more: www.getweirdtokyo.com

1. Weekly Dormy Inn Meguro Aobadai (hotel)