Zara

Tokyo, Japan

5 days in Tokyo, what to do/see

I have a 5 day stay planned from April 1 to 6th and I am not sure what the best sites to visit, fun things to do.

Any suggestions? 

I'll be staying in Nerima.

Tiffy from Philippines

It's a great time to be in Tokyo for cherry blossoms during the first week of April. Don't forget to buy a picnic mat and do hanami under cherry blossom trees. :)

I suggest the following spots for cherry blossoms.

1. Yasukuni Shrine 

2. Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden (this is my favorite)

3. Ueno Park

4. East Gardens of Tokyo Imperial Palace

5. Sumida Park by Sumida River

I was in Tokyo during the same time last year. I've documented my cherry blossom Tokyo itinerary in my Tokyo travel blog which you might want to check out. I hope this helps!

1. Yasukuni Shrine (attraction)
  2. Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden (attraction)
  3. Ueno Park (attraction)
  4. Tokyo Imperial Palace (attraction)
  5. Sumida Park (attraction)

Lexim from San Francisco

My first thought would be: get out of Nerima :). Seriously, though, as I noted to another question, take a ride on the Chuo line and stop along the towns on route until maybe Kichijoji (not much interesting after that IMHO). While in that area, instead of Akihabara, check out the more real Manadrake at Nakano (Google it), there are lots of other weird, ridiculous shops in that building. No tourists there. You can then have some cheap beer and stuff that passes for chicken on beer crates on the street at any of the 3 "Taisho"s in Kouenji.

See the Yakult Swallows lose if they are in town--always good. 

Take some of the river boats that ply the Sumida River. Then maybe catch some of the boat races near Shinagawa

Tokyo Skytree is good, but make sure to go on a week day. The Tsukiji Fish Market is also worth it, but go early.

1. Nerima (attraction)
  2. Kichijoji (attraction)
  3. Akihabara (attraction)
  4. Nakano (attraction)
  5. Shinagawa (attraction)
  6. Tokyo Skytree (attraction)
  7. Tsukiji Fish Market (neighborhood)

Marcia from Sao Paulo

It's Hanami (Cherry Blossom ) time! :) Here some spots about Hanami in Tokyo. Choose one and have fun! 

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3050.html

1. Tokyo (city)