Willem
L'Aquarium de Barcelona, CT

Tofino, Canada

What to do in amazing Tofino?

Going to Tofino in a week and would like to see Orca's, bears or other wildlife. How can I go about doing this and what other great places should I not miss?

Janine from Playa del Carmen

All of the wildlife tour operators are great and offer many different tour options- my favourite is the Hot Springs Cove tour- you generally get to see whales and sometimes bears on the way to the springs, plus you get to do a nature hike and soak in some Hot Springs. 

You might also consider taking a water taxi to Meares Island to do the Lone Cone hike- it's a pretty intense hike up a mountain, but the view from the top is absolutely incredible. I believe Jamie's Whale Watching Tofino station offers a water taxi service over to the trailhead. 

1. Hot Springs Cove (city)
  2. Meares Island (attraction)
  3. Lone Cone (attraction)
  4. Jamie's Whale Watching Tofino (attraction)

Adelina from Vancouver

There are lots of whale watching opportunities in Tofino and a few of them are combined with a bear tour as well. I did the whale watching tour with Jamie's Whale Watching Tofino There's lots of really great food options in the town as well. You're right by Pacific Rim National Park Reserve which has lots of trails. I did the Rainforest Trail - Loop A and a few others in the area.

Along the way to Tofino be sure to stop at MacMillan Provincial Park to hug a tree, at the The Old Country Market for an ice cream and to inspect the goats on the roof. Otherwise, the drive to Tofino is super pretty with lots of areas to stop for a break. Kennedy Lake was one of my favourites.

1. Jamie's Whale Watching Tofino (attraction)
  2. Pacific Rim National Park Reserve (attraction)
  3. Rainforest Trail - Loop A (attraction)
  4. MacMillan Provincial Park (attraction)
  5. The Old Country Market (restaurant)
  6. Kennedy Lake (attraction)