Ross
Fort Collins

Tips on making travel a full time job?

What tips do you have to make travel a full time job?! I know there are many people here that travel for a living, share your best tips!

James from Bon Aqua

Join a host agency. There are a lot of them out there, but they allow you to work from home in your own time and can turn into a really rewarding and profitable career! do your homework though! a good place to start is www.nacta.com, which is an organization for agents and host agencies alike and has a list of a lot of the top host agencies in the US.

I work as a freelance tour leader, public speaker, travel blogger and travel consultant and I can organise all this online so I do not need to be in one location.

I hjave been on the road for 26 years and it keeps getting easier and easier for me to make a living from it.

I have a blog where i am slowly trying to explain how i do it.

Will be adding more to it within the next 3 weeks:

www.travellingclaus.com

Scott from Fort Collins

Hey Ross!  I probably do it differently than most but I travel, domestically, for about 5-6 months a year with "temporary" employment as a Catastrophic Insurance Adjuster.  The other 6ish months a year, I am free to do as I please.  It has allowed me to see most of the US over eighteen years, and in my free time, I can travel internationally. Or, be in the process of planning the next trip with my wife.  :)

ronald from Roanoke

the best host agency to join is with MONTROSE TRAVEL.

over 50 years in business, family owned, debt free.

here is their website.

https://join.mtravel.com