Rene
Cologne

Rene from Cologne asked

Cool restaurants, bars and shops in The Hague?

We, a couple in the mid 20s, are looking for hip restaurants, bars and fashion shops in The Hague and Scheveningen. 

Our budget is middle-high. 

What are your recommendations? 

The Hague   Scheveningen

Em from Durango

I was super broke doing an unpaid internship, so I rarely went out where it took money, but there are two funny, vey Dutch places I remember. In The Hague, there is an Alice in Wonderland themed book store, which is really amazing. It's not too far from the Mauritshuis, which is worth checking out.

In Scheveningen, there is a restaurant at the very end of the pier with really great pannenkoken. Once when I was there, it was fogged out completely and it was like sitting in the middle of a giant white cloud. It was great.

Make sure to pop down to Delft and Utrecht, if you have the chance. I really loved those cities and their and easy ride. The trip to the Kröller-Müller Museum is very worth it. Much easier if you have a car, as the bus to bus to bus system turned out to be very long and confusing.

1. Mauritshuis (attraction)
  2. Scheveningen (city)
  3. Delft (city)
  4. Utrecht (city)
  5. Kröller-Müller Museum (attraction)
Charlotte from Amsterdam

There's the beach of course, go to the Zwarte Pad area with beachs clubs like Culpepper B.V. or Strandclub WIJ or Beachclub de Karavaan - Scheveningen. In the city center the Oude Mol street is filled with nice bars and French restaurants like Pastis or Le Café.

1. Culpepper B.V. (attraction)
  2. Strandclub WIJ (attraction)
  3. Beachclub de Karavaan - Scheveningen (attraction)
  4. Pastis (restaurant)
  5. Le Café (restaurant)