Swati
Delhi

The Hague

Cheap budget student hostels in Amsterdam and Cologne?

Hi! My friend and I are going to attend a summer school in The Hague for two weeks. After that, we are planning to stay over for a week and explore places nearby. We have thought of travelling to Rotterdam (for a day), Ghent (for two days), Cologne (for two days), and Amsterdam (for two days). Could you please some good places with reasonable budget student hostels in these places? Also how much should we aim to keep aside for eating and sight seeing? Any helpful tips, suggestions and feedback are more than welcome. Thank you. 

Nick from Milton Keynes

Hi I have been to Amsterdam 5 times. stay near the Grasshopper pub and you will be in the best location!

We got really bored in Rotterdam, maybe just take a short visit on your way to Amsterdam, Amsterdam is much better.

Sorry I cant advise on places to stay or costs :)

Lianne from Delfzyl, Groningen, Netherlands

Hello. 

I hope I can answer a part of your question. Coincidentally I went to The Hague last weekend (I live in the north of the Netherlands).

We went to Scheveningen(the beach close to The Hague, you can reach it by tram). And we had dinner at Havana. Not too expensive restaurant at the city centre, with nice cocktails :D

Other places that might be nice are Binnenhof. This is where the Dutch ministers debate You can walk there for free and it's in the centre too. When I was little I went to Madurodam, That's the Netherlands but very very small. It's nice for children but I think it's nice for tourists who're not from the Neterlands too.

I hope this answer helps you. Have fun at your trip!

1. Scheveningen (city)
  2. Binnenhof (attraction)
  3. Madurodam (attraction)