Kat
Brooklyn

The Caribbean, Mexico, Florida, Belize

Ideas for a girls' trip during a long weekend?

Looking for some ideas for a girls' trip from New York to somewhere warm and beachy for a long weekend in the winter that is not too far and not too pricey.  Any recommends?  (Bonus points for group discounts and for all inclusives)

Denise from New Orleans

Hi Kat, I'd go South! New Orleans is a fantastic city with so much culture, also Charleston or Nashville- all relatively inexpensive with LOTS to do, perfect destinations for a long, all girls weekend!

1. Charleston (city)
  2. Nashville (city)

Heather from Washington, DC

We just were looking at the same for my brother in law's 30th. For cost savings and all-inclusives, Dominican Republic, particularly around Punta Cana is by far the most budget friendly option.  There are tons of resorts to choose from at all imaginable price points.

Other options I would consider are the The Bahamas, as well as Jamaica.  The main islands in the Bahamas, like Freeport tend to be cheaper. All inclusive options are also available.  For Jamaica, Montego Bay has a slew of all inclusive options close to the airport.

If you want to stay on the resort and not leave (i.e. lay on the beach with a drink in hand), I think the Dominican Republic is an easy and good choice. If you want more activities off the resort, I think Jamaica and the Bahamas might have more budget friendly options (like hiking, exploring, shopping, etc).

1. Dominican Republic (attraction)
  2. Punta Cana (region)
  3. The Bahamas (attraction)
  4. Jamaica (attraction)
  5. Freeport (attraction)
  6. Montego Bay (city)