Esther
Tel Aviv

Esther from Tel Aviv asked

looking for an innovative, flexible, friendly tour guide or company

hi we only have 10 days in chiang Mai and I would really like to plan something before getting there with a good local guide - who can come up with off the beaten path ideas, yet be flexible. We are four experienced travellers, but have never been to this part of Thailand so it will all be new to us. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks!

Thailand   Chiang Mai

Diep from Thuy Anh, Thái Bình, Vietnam

Personally, You should book tour guide via agency which will safer than others. You can refer to Asia Group Tour 

Pamela from New Canaan, Connecticut

Spend a day riding bikes all over Chiang Maiwith the happiest guy in the world, Mr. Nooh, of Araiwah Bicycling. He'll take you to the morning market, the silver market, on a climb to the top of a waterfall that overlooks the city, to a local outdoor café for lunch, and to the flower market. Or you can request what you'd like to see if you have specific interests. Number one on his rules for the tour: "Be a cheerful, outgoing, and positive person." Number two? "Do rule number one."  I had an amazing day with him and saw parts of the city that I wouldn't have found on my own.

http://www.araiwah-bicycling.com/

1. Chiang Mai (city)
Darren from Thailand

Hi Esther,

Viator offer a custom tour service, you can contact guides in the area and propose an offer to them. There's a little more information on the link below, and a direct link to the Viator guides page from where you can contact any guide of your choice.

http://www.pattayaunlimited.com/thailand-custom-personal-tours/

Zazium

Hi Esther, there are many tour agencies that you can find online, My wife and my 2 sons we hired the travel agency Bon Voyage Thailand https://www.bonvoyagethailand.com/chiang-mai-tours/ - we spend a day with the Elephants, 2 days one night from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai on a private tour  and they provide us some information to do a Motorbike trip by our own, we rent a scooter and did a great ride in the Samoeng Tai  Loop near Chiang Mai.  

Enjoy your holidays in Chiang Mai :)

Zaz

1. Chiang Mai (city)
  2. Chiang Rai (city)
  3. Samoeng Tai (city)
Rachel from Los Angeles

I STRONGLY suggest zzhouse chiang mai. The owner/operator is the nicest guy and he knows everything you could ever need to know about the area/things to do/see/eat. He'll arrange tours if you want and also knows the ones to avoid. He was great with advising on transportation to Pai and other things to do outside of the city.