Yvonne
San Diego

Thailand, Koh Phi Phi, Krabi

help need ideas for south Thailand cool/beaut places to go off beaten track

Have planned a trip to Thailand in march going to chaing mai (to see elephants) and then to Krabi (to see mangroves and night market) we need ideas for 3 days after krabi. Was told we should skip Phuket too busy. We prefer hiking and beautiful beaches. phi phi don looks so beautiful but We were also thinking about koh lanta. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks

Jodie from San Francisco

Don't do Koh Phi Phi and do Koh Lanta instead.  Go to BangkokRailay BeachKhao SokChiang Mai.  Railay is nice because even though it can get crowded the boats visiting leave around 3 pm and then the beach is not so crowded.  I love Ko Lanta but you need to be able to drive scooter to get around unless you plan on staying on one beach the whole time. 

2. Railay Beach (attraction)
  3. Khao Sok (city)
  4. Chiang Mai (city)
  5. Ko Lanta (city)

Eddie from Sacramento

My family and I are going to Thailandin December, with a very similar itinerary.  We are going to Chiang Mai for a week, then Krabifor a week.  We are doing some scuba diving from Krabi, but we will definitely take some day trips to the closest islands like Phi Phi Islands.  Then we are going to spend a few days at Khao Sok National Park.  If you like hiking and outdoors, I highly recommend it!  It's about 2 hour drive from Krabi, but it's really stunningly beautiful.  If you can squeeze it into your schedule, I think it's worth the effort.

1. Thailand (country)
  2. Chiang Mai (city)
  3. Krabi (city)
  4. Phi Phi Islands (attraction)
  5. Khao Sok National Park (attraction)

Ha Anh

If you're looking for a real desert island, I highly recommend Koh Munnork Pier, especially when you love trekking.

You can head to Koh Phi Phi as well, Maya Bay to be exact. It's really gorgeous and peaceful there, unlike other parts of Phi Phi Islands

In my opinion, these're top 2 destinations to be away from the madding crowd in Thailand

1. Koh Munnork Pier (hotel)
  2. Koh Phi Phi (attraction)
  3. Maya Bay (attraction)
  4. Phi Phi Islands (attraction)
  5. Thailand (country)

Arí

Most definitely stay in Railay Beach. Amazing place. Try if you can get a few nights at the Railay Beach.

1. Railay Beach (attraction)
  2. Railay Beach (attraction)

Laura

Koh Lipe is an amazing island

1. Koh Lipe (attraction)

Antica from Zagreb

Hi. I have just got from the very south, so called Sikao area, South Krabi.  There is also an airport in Trang and you can fly to Bangkok.

There are several small and beautiful islands like Ko MukKoh Kradan. They are all connected by ferries. It is also possible to take ferry to Phi Phi Islands. The area is not so busy. Ko Lanta is also close.

Have a nice trip. Hope you will visit  some of these islands. It's great there.

1. Sikao (attraction)
  2. Trang (state)
  3. Ko Muk (attraction)
  4. Koh Kradan (attraction)
  5. Phi Phi Islands (attraction)
  6. Ko Lanta (city)