Tanyeli

Thailand

Travel Advice

My partner and me are looking forward to our month in Thailand which is in November. However we are having trouble planning the 30 days, I've been there twice as a kid, and really loved the South and would like to spend some time island hopping etc. Is it worth going up North? Also, we are on a really tight budget, does anyone know cheap and authentic places to go in 30 days? I'm looking forward to hearing your advice :)

Nam from Bangkok

On the South of Thailandis more expensive than the North. However, there are several accommodations that you can book for low budget. 

On the Gulf of Thailand, island hopping need more budget than the Andaman sea coast, from hotels and sea transportation.

Chiang MaiChiang Raiand Mae Hong Son (Pai) on the North are much cheaper. Air BnB in Chiang Mai is so popular and help you save the cost a lot.

You can spend 10-15 days on for the South, depend on your budget.

You should try to take domestic low cost airline, they always offer promotion prices which cheaper than bus rides!

From Bangkok, taking a flight to Phuketor Krabi are affordable for advance booking. (1-6 months).

To the North, if you can't taking promo booking. Night train and VIP bus are good condition. I mean VIP bus from Mo Chit Bus Terminal, not bus from Khao San road to Chiang Mai. Price from 500-1,000 THB per person. Sombat Tour and Nakornchai Air are recommended.

1. Thailand (attraction)
  2. Chiang Mai (city)
  3. Chiang Rai (city)
  4. Mae Hong Son (city)
  6. Phuket (city)
  7. Krabi (city)