Nag

Thailand

Tiger temple

Can I visit the tiger temple and come back by 6 pm cuz I have flight to catch at 10 and is it worth going?

Breanna from Los Angeles

Honestly, skip the Tiger Temples. The tigers are sedated and aren't treated well, so while you'll get a picture up close with a tiger, you're supporting a really crappy way to treat animals. 

Jon from Alexandria (Virginia)

Yes, you can go and make it back by 6.  If you decide to go, like the other commenters, I would recommend skipping the picture with the large (probably sedated) tigers.  It's sad, and I would not recommend supporting that practice.  However, I would recommend that you should get an advanced ticket to feed the baby tigers.  We held a baby tiger and got to play with some young tigers.  The young tigers were playful and definitely not sedated.  It was one of the highlights of our trip.

There were 6 of us, and we used an amazing tour guide named TJ from Thai Private Tour Guide.  We went to Maeklong Railway Market, a floating market and the Tiger Temple.  We left Bangkok early in the morning, but we were back by 6.

Sophei from Cwm, Clwyd, United Kingdom

It's such a disgraceful place for animals, they really do sedate them.: which is why they're so placid when you get a picture with them. The beauty of the animal is that they're mysterious and unapproachable, due to their questionable ferociousity... You can't take that away from the most amazing big cat just for you to have a crap picture cuddling the beast. Swerve it.. Go and look at a mountain. Or if you're in Kanchanaburigo to Elephants World where you work for the elephants and they don't work for you!

1. Kanchanaburi (city)
  2. Elephants World (attraction)

Arpit from Jaipur, Rajasthan

Yes it can be easily done, keep your luggaage with you and head straight to the airport