Shant
Granada Hills, California

Thailand

Must-have iOS apps when traveling in Thailand?

Hi guys-

I'll be traveling to Thailand for 1m (bangkok/chiang mai) in 2015 and was curious if there were any iOS apps I should download to make my life easier while traveling. 

Already downloaded Google translate, TripIt (for flight info), tripadvisor (finding cool attractions around), etc. 

Kate from Bangkok

Apps: Amazing Thailand, Speak Thai, Thailand Travel Guide, BTS Bangkok (sky train) try it

kate. :)

Christie from New York City

Hi Shant- not to be overly obvious, but by far the most useful app I use while traveling is google maps. Some people don't realize that you can download maps of cities for use offline. Even in offline mode, the phones compass locator will still be able to pinpoint exactly where you are. So, if you are wandering the city streets trying to locate that perfect coffee or pho shop, you can avoid getting disoriented :)

You should select the cities you are going to, and load them before you go. 

Here's how- http://www.sunshineandskylines.com/#!How-to-Download-Google-Maps-for-Use-Offline/c1slb/07D1C0A1-218D-4A22-B0E5-C03D0023BD89

Happy Travels! 

Greg from Whistler

There is a pretty cool app called 'Learn Thai'

Ankit

Google Translate is going to be pretty helpful while you are in Thailand. I planned my Thailand trip using this app called Ithaka. It is a personal travel planner that connects you with a local expert who helps you plan your trip. 

I would strongly recommend checking it out - Android | iOS