Sandra

Thailand

Is going to be my first time in Thailand a

• hi im going to be in Thailand for 3 weeks I would to visit Bangkok for 4 days and then phi phi island 1 week what should I do with the rest of my time ? Which places do you guys recommend and i also prefer to fly in between places 

John

What do you think about Phuket, there are a lot of wonderful destinations and islands in there for enjoying. 

1. Phuket (city)

Carolyn from Oaxaca

Hi Sandra,

I just got back from visiting Thailand and it is absolutely incredible! Great choice :)

I would highly recommend going to Northern Thailand, specifically Chiang Mai and Pai  Both are very popular travel destinations and you can see for yourself why. 

Chaing Mai is one of Thailand's largest cities, there are plenty of markets, temples, shopping and some of the best food Thailand has to offer (not to mention the least expensive). 

Pai is a hippy little town. Very relaxed and a wonderful place to chill out. It's a four-hour drive from Chiang Mai but very worth the time it takes to get there. The road follows winding mountains and green as far as the eye can see!

I wrote my personal itinerary on my blog. It includes prices and how to get around! Best of luck :)

http://gapyeargal.com/2017/02/16/3-week-itinerary-for-backpacking-thru-thailand/

1. Chiang Mai (city)
  2. Pai (attraction)

Sheena from Quezon City

Try Chiang Mai. It is a very nice city/town in Northern Thailand that boasts its temples and culture.

1. Chiang Mai (city)

Nam from Bangkok

I recommend you 2 options.

Option 1.

Island hopping to other islands on the Southern coast. Apart from Phi Phi Islands, you can go to PhuketKo Lantaand Ko Yao Noi, or go to Koh Samuion the Gulf of Thailand.

This option, you can't fly.

Option 2.

Go North for the rest of time. Chiang Mai, Chiang Raiand Paiare the top destinations.

You can take flight from Bangkok and Phuket to Chiang Mai.

1. Phi Phi Islands (attraction)
  2. Phuket (city)
  3. Ko Lanta (attraction)
  4. Ko Yao Noi (attraction)
  5. Koh Samui (island)
  6. Chiang Mai (city)
  7. Chiang Rai (city)
  8. Pai (attraction)