Charlotte

Thailand

Is Thailand in May a good or bad idea? WIFI?

Hey Trippies. My boyfriend and I are looking to plan a trip to Thailand for about 10 days in May. I have read a lot of conflicting information regarding the weather in Thailand in May. Has anyone travelled there this time of year? Is it rainy? Are all areas, Bangkok, Chaing Mai and Phuket all accessible with decent weather? Or is there a better time to go?

I've also read a lot about needing a SIM card to visit Thailand. Is WIFI readily available in populated areas?

Jade from Texas City

March and April are the hottest months so May will still be humid, but will definitely be much cooler than April. Wifi is readily available and SIM cards at the convenience stores. Plenty of them.

Nam from Bangkok

May is the first month of rainy season in Thailand which 6 months long. Although it is not the high season, but you have a chance to meet good weather.

For Bangkok and Chiang Mai, early May is not bad, rain may come but not much.

For Phuket in the South, after 31 April, room prices will fallen as low season and fewer tourists also. 

Recommendation: please avoid rainy season from mid to late as probably flooding.

WIFI from SIM card is available for touristy and shopping area. Net signal from SIM card packages are more convenience.

1. Thailand (attraction)
  3. Chiang Mai (city)
  4. Phuket (city)