Anita
British Columbia

Thailand, Bangkok, Koh Phi Phi

How do I get from Bangkok to Phi Phi islands?

How do we get from Bangkok to the Phi Phi islands the fastest?  And where would we stay there?  Looking at maybe $75.00 a night.  By the way, are there boats or sail boats to take you on snorkeling tours and to see other islands?  Thank you, Anita 

Cameron from Salt Lake City

Anita, I recommend flying out of Don Muang airport on Air Asia. (I believe Nok air and Thai Airways also fly domestically). You can fly to either Phuket or Krabi (I recommend Krabi because it is less touristy) once there look for a transfer desk and buy a ticket to Phi Phi. They will put you in a shuttle to the pier and then you'll transfer to a boat. It is quite hectic, but somehow I have made that trip a half dozen times now unscathed. Depending on accommodations you're looking for, you should be able to find a room with a/c and showers with no problem with your budget. I enjoy the Phi Phi Andaman Legacy and you can pre book on agoda.com or you can find accommodations when you arrive. There a boat companies on island and snorkeling too. For snorkeling, you may want to look at a diving company (Try Hippo Divers) because you will go to the same places as snorkellers, but not be overcrowded with people. Although, I highly recommend trying SCUBA.

1. Krabi (city)
  2. Phi Phi Andaman Legacy (hotel)
  3. Hippo Divers (attraction)

Stan

Hey Anita, $75 is a great budget and you can find easily amazing places to stay for that money, maybe Koh Phi Phi is a bit more expensive though! 

You can either fly to Phuket and take the boat or take the bus (way cheaper) to Krabi and get from there by boat as well. 

Phi Phi is a very very popular destination and many travellers have mixed opinions about it. We just skipped it completely and rather spent more time in Krabi, especially in Ton Sai Bay, a stunning place surrounded by limestones with a very cool backpacker vibe. There are some more upscale hotels if thats more of your type. 

I have captured my whole journey to Thailand on y app Epiclist, you can just download the app and search for Thailand to see my trip and add activities to yours. 

Cheers,

1. Koh Phi Phi (city)
  2. Phuket (city)
  3. Krabi (city)
  4. Ton Sai Bay (attraction)