Anton
Montenegro

Thailand, Surat Thani, Krabi, Narathiwat, Songkhla, Phuket, Chumphon

Best places to visit in South of Thailand

Hey everybody,

Looking for some tips from experienced travelers.

In beginning of November I' travelling with my girlfriend to Thailand. We will stay there 21 days.

We will stay 3-4 days in Central region (Bangkok and all interesting places around to see) and 4-5 days in the North (Chiang Mai, Tribal Villages and other interesting places)

After that we are going to South of Thailand. As you may know it is very touristic area and we are looking for some "secret gems" of Thailand, good and adventurous places to visit.

Any tips?

Also, please feel free to write any comments for any other interesting things (good activity, great accommodation, beach, what to avoid or anything that can be useful :) you saw or experienced in Thailand in any part of the country.

Looking forward hearing some feedback.

Jenna from Oakville, Ontario

Hi there Anton! 

I spent 4 months living in Thailand and always have some sneaky tips when travelling around the area. 

First, what I will say is that depending on what kind of person you are, The Full Moon Party in my opinion is heavily overrated - and this is coming from a 23 year old girl who loves to have fun! I wrote a little something about it: http://giveforgranted.com/2014/03/the-full-experience-full-moon-party/
Secondly, a great gem in the South of Thailand is Koh Lanta, I went there with my boyfriend for a week and they really did have the most romantic sunsets I have ever seen! 

Also, I lived very close to Bangkok so if you're flying in there I have tons of secrets around the area: http://giveforgranted.com/2014/03/top-10-secret-must-dos-in-bangkok-and-surrounding-areas/

Best, Jenna 

1. Thailand (country)

Dennis from Copenhagen

Hi Anton, my favorite of South Thailand (so far) is Koh Lipe - white sand beaches, clear water and very relaxed atmosphere. We stayed at Zanom sunrise resort which is really nice.

Else I can recommend, Railey BeachKoh Jum, Koh Mook and finally Ko Kradan - all nice places. Railey is the most visited place of the above mentioned but still a nice place (in my opinion).If you're into partying/meeting other young people - you could go to Phi Phi Islands - there are still some beautiful places around Phi Phi but it's mainly about partying.

Have a good trip.

1. Koh Lipe (city)
  2. Zanom sunrise resort (hotel)
  3. Railey Beach (attraction)
  4. Koh Jum (island)
  5. Ko Kradan (island)
  6. Phi Phi Islands (attraction)