Nicolò
Milan

Thailand

Best itineraries for a trip to Thailand with my girlfriend?

Hi to everyone, I will leave from Milan on the 28 of February and i will come back on the 11 of March.

I will go in Thailand with my girlfriend and i would like to have some suggestions about which trip is better to do.

We will arrive in Bangkok. What should we do from there?

Ha Anh

I've been to Thailand many times and find these 3 destinations the most impressive: Bangkok , Chiang Mai , and Koh Samui These 3 places represent different lifestyles and cultural aspects of Thais, Bangkok - a vibrant city, Koh Samui - an island with palm-fringed beaches, very chilled and relaxed, and Chiang Mai - a land of misty mountains, colorful hill tribes, and elephant sanctuary. You can arrange your itinerary covering those 3 cities

2. Chiang Mai (city)
  3. Koh Samui (island)

Son from Hanoi, Vietnam

Besides Bangkok, you can visit Koh Samui. The beach here is very beautiful. Chiang Mai and Phuket are also the good choice for your trip.

2. Koh Samui (island)
  3. Chiang Mai (city)
  4. Phuket (city)

Diep from Thuy Anh, Thái Bình, Vietnam

Thailand is known as the home of golden temples and national parks, so you should spend time to visit all famous places. Furthermore, you should refer travelfish.org to learn more itineraries,

1. Thailand (country)

Duyen from Hội An

For accommodation:  Best Western Klassique Sukhumvit Hotel is a good place if you are on budget. 

For attraction, don't miss these places: 

Grand Palace shouldn't be missed. 

Shop til you drop with the Pratunam MarketSukhumvit Soi 38 Night Food Market, Chatuchack weekend market .... There are so many things to buy here.

1. Grand Palace (attraction)

Nam from Bangkok

Enjoy old town Bangkok and landmarks for 2-3 nights and take a day trip to some provinces such as Ayutthaya our old capital, or Kanchanaburifor falls and the bridge of River Kwai.

Then choose to go the north for mountainous and Lanna region; Chiang MaiMae Hong Son (Pai) and Chiang Raieither or head to the south for beaches and island hopping such as Koh Samuiand Phang NgaKrabi and Phi Phi Islands or Phuket.

Wat Phra Singh, Chiang Mai

Ang Thong Marine Park, day trip from Samui

Patong beach, Phuket

2. Ayutthaya (state)
  3. Kanchanaburi (city)
  4. Chiang Mai (city)
  5. Mae Hong Son (attraction)
  6. Pai (city)
  7. Chiang Rai (state)
  8. Koh Samui (island)
  9. Phang Nga (city)
  10. Krabi (city)
  11. Phi Phi Islands (attraction)
  12. Phuket (city)

Abena from Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire

Hi!

I lived in Thailand so have some great ideas for you. I think you should saty in the south bcause you don't have much time to travel far in the north but there are places in the south where you can have similar experiences.

I would travel from Bangkok to Amphawa District floating market (weekends only). This market is the best of its ind and less touristy. I would also go to Erawan Falls in Kanchanaburi and also experience Kanchanaburi as it is full of history. There is also Khao Yai national parks where you can see elephants. If want to experience historic temples you can do that in Bangkok but I would also go to Ayutthaya. Have a look at this link for detailed advice on Erawan and Amphawa District

Then for beach fun, head south to Krabi and enjoy the beauty of Railay Beach, which is gorgeous and you don't have to island hop to find those amazing clear waters and mountains. I recommend Railay because you can pop on a boat to Krabi beach whenever you want to party. It is inexpensive too!

1. Amphawa District (metro area)
  2. Erawan Falls (attraction)
  3. Khao Yai (city)
  4. Ayutthaya (state)
  5. Erawan (attraction)
  6. Railay Beach (attraction)