Naomi

Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia

6 week adventure in July/August

Hello, my husband and I want to take our kids who will be 7, 4 and 2 next year to south east Asia for the 6 week summer holidays. Can anyone recommend a good route, places to stay, kid friendly activities? Are we mad? We want to experience a different culture and show our kids that there is a big wide world out there. Also eventually, our dream is to sell up in London and travel the world indefinitely and thought this may provide a tiny sample of what it may be like.

Hoyt from New York City

For your Thailand portion I suggest flying into Bangkokand exploring the city for a few days and nights. Then take a short flight up to. Chiang Maiand spend a week or so there. Explore the old city and temples, visit an elephant reserve and maybe even take a cooking class for the family. Then fly to Phuket and take a ferry or speedboat to konphi phi and/or krabi. I hear Cambodia has much to offer too so perhaps split your time evenly between these two with also a ew days in Hong Kong as a connecting flight.

2. Chiang Mai (city)
  3. Phuket (city)
  4. Cambodia (country)

Janelle from Charleston

I haven't been to Thailand, but the beaches of Phuket, Koh Samui and Krabi are fun for families, so say a few people I know who have gone there.

Singapore is an expensive but kid-friendly place.  Sentosa Island has a great aquarium and amusement park complex, Singapore Zoo and Botanic Gardens are great for kids, and they'll love eating at the hawker centres.  As far as hotels go, there are several on Sentosa that are great for families with young children.

Cambodia is a much more challenging country to travel through with kids, and they may be a bit young to appreciate the history of places like Angkor Wat and Phnom Penh, but Sihanoukville is an inexpensive (for now) but up and coming beach area that lacks all of the glitz, glamour and ostentation of places like Phuket or Koh Samui.  

1. Thailand (country)
  2. Phuket (city)
  3. Koh Samui (island)
  4. Krabi (city)
  5. Singapore (country)
  6. Sentosa Island (island)
  7. Singapore Zoo (attraction)
  8. Botanic Gardens (attraction)
  9. Cambodia (country)
  10. Angkor Wat (attraction)
  11. Phnom Penh (city)
  12. Sihanoukville (city)

Rodger

First off Malaysia,Singapore,Thailand ,Cambodia and Viuetnam are all kid friendly  Countries. 

Singapore is probably the most westernized and expensive of all.Research these Countries and discover what you want to see n do