Dale

Texas, Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Odessa (Texas)

hostels and car hire

One traveller. 2 weeks across texas. Arrive in Texas 6th of Nov.

Should i prebook hostels in Houston, Austin and Dallas?
Since the recent events in Houston should i book a hire car or see what available when i arrive?

I don't know about hostels as I have never used one and don't know what is available, but I do know that much of Houston is still underwater.  My daughter lives in the area and she says some people she knows will not be back to normal for 6 months.  So I would not go to Houston at all.  You can probably do OK in Dallas without pre-booking, but I would definitely pre-book in Houston. 

Christi

Check out Airbnb's. 

Shayne from Houston

book before

Laurie

I would wait and see what is available when you arrive.  Houston is big and there isn't much going on in November so there shouldn't be any kind of shortage of hotels and cars.

1. Houston (city)

Chantelle

There are always plenty of hotels available - unless there's a big event like the Super Bowl or Final Four - but if you have a specific preference, I would book it in advance just to make sure you get it. The car I would definitely book in advance.