Valerie

Valerie from Los Angeles asked

What's the best neighborhood in Tel Aviv for a first time visitor?

I've never been to Tel Aviv and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what Tel Aviv is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

Tel Aviv

Michal

Best area would be the "heart" of the city. Rothschild BoulevardMontefiore StreetNeve Tsedek Streettoo. There are dozens of small boutique hotels there, as well as AirBNB choices.

1. Rothschild Boulevard (attraction)
  2. Montefiore Street (attraction)
  3. Neve Tsedek Street (attraction)
Trisha from Tel Aviv

Valerie, aside from Jaffa (where I live right now), I would recommend Neve Tzedek and Florentin Very cool places most especially if you're into arts. Come visit and let me know if you need any help!

1. Jaffa (attraction)
  2. Neve Tzedek (attraction)
  3. Florentin (attraction)
Lyoka from Moscow, Russia

Hi Valerie!

Rothschild BoulevardNeve Tsedek StreetYemenite Jewry Heritage Center (under construction)Jaffa Flea MarketRothschild boulevard, Neve Tsedek, Yemenite Quarter or Jaffa Flea Market area - are the coolest neighborhoods in Tel Aviv.  

Itay from Herzliya, Israel

Brown Hotel or Airbnb :)

Idan from Tel Aviv

It all depends on your budget and what kind of vibe you're looking for. most of the hotels are located on the beach strip, from there you can either walk or take buses anywhere. You didn't mention if this is a family trip or more of young-people-into-party kinda trip.

Effy from Tel Aviv

It is simple: all the hotels are only in good areas and most of them just next by the sea shore. If you would like to take a room via airbnb.com just look at the location of the map and the best for you is something which is 5-10 minutes to the sea shore. Most of them do.

Atalya from Herzliya, Israel

Tel Aviv is pretty small, so basically anywhere you'll stay it great. I would recommend you to find a place on Ha-Yarkon St. It's right next to the boardwalk and the beach. Also, you have a lot of options there- loads of hostels/ hotel/ rooms to rent. 

1. Tel Aviv (city)
  2. Ha-Yarkon St (attraction)
Amnon from Tel Aviv

Hi valerie. I would recomend you two different neiborhood to stay.

1. Cinema Hotel. the first boutique hotel in tel aviv, in the center, near by to everywhere.

2. ALMA HOTEL & LOUNGE or Hotel Montefiore. both are new hotels in the 'white city' (the bauhaus houses). a lot of good restaurants and easy to go everywhere.

enjoy your stay.