betsy
Scottsdale

Tel Aviv

Unique, off the beaten path hikes and views in Tel Aviv

I am going to Tel Aviv in November for about a week.  Are there any nice hiking spots or amazing views that I must check out while there (waterfalls, mountains, bodies of water, etc)?  I am very outdoorsy and adventurous!  I like to keep low key and away from tourists.  I enjoy the local stuff.  Also are there any nearby places on interest that I should check out, while in Tel Aviv?!

Romy from Tel Aviv

Well if you're looking for nature and hikes then you should get out of Tel Aviv.  

November is a great time to visit the south of Israel and there are a lot of great places to hike such as the Yehuda Desert (North) (the Judaean Desert). 

In the desert there are some amazing places to hike in and November is a great time to go there since it's not too hot during the day, but you should be careful in rainy days since it's a desert there are a lot of floods when it rains. 

If you don't like the desert so much than you can travel in Jerusalem and the mountains in the area but it is usually getting colder there in that time of year.

1. Israel (country)
  2. Jerusalem (city)
  3. Yehuda Desert (North) (attraction)

Juan from Medellín, Antioquia

Everything is near in Israel. You must go out of Tel Aviv definetely if u want to experience its amazing nature. Negev desert, Golan Heights and Dead Sea are on my toplist. Although you will find hot springs out in the desert, hippie beaches in the Dead Sea and waterfalls and campsites allover the Golan Heights. Take your time to wander and enjoy as much as u can!

1. Israel (country)
  2. Tel Aviv (city)
  3. Negev (attraction)
  4. Golan Heights (attraction)
  5. Dead Sea (city)

Joy

Touristy as it may be, you wouldn't want to miss Masada. Trek up for the sunrise, it's amazing. Another very interesting hike is the Jesus Trail. You can choose to trek on your own, and walk through history and religious sites. 

1. Masada (attraction)