• Gan Chyan
  • "How easy is it to travel in Tehran?"

How easy is it to travel in Tehran?

Hi, how easy is it to travel in Tehran? i am planning to visit some Iranian airlines' offices in Tehran in 2018. Are the public transport equipped with signs in English? How much do land transport travel in Tehran from the airport cost? Do Iranians speak English? I am from Singapore.

• Siavash Zia

Hi man, well to answer your questions I should say that:

1. It's quite easy to travel in Tehran but just keep in mind that Tehran is a cery busy city and traffic can be a disaster over there especially during rush hours.

2. Public trasports don't really have English signs, however if u use underground you can see names of stations in English.

3. The costs of taxis from IKIA (International airport in Tehran) to any destination in Tehran are fixed and it's a bit less than 20 euro for one way.

4. It's depends whom you talking about, generally Iranians are not very good with English, however, if you talk with young people, they can help you although maybe their English is not perfect.

5. Some tips:

1. If I were you I used official Taxis in Tehran to go around, they are not very expensive and they can go anywhere, they have are yellow cars and in my opinion the best option will be this: just arrange with one of them and make a deal to hire him for the period which u r there in Tehran, it will help him and you both. He get good money and u will be in all destinations that u want fast and without any problems.

2. Generally, Iranians are very nice people and although you will find lots of them can't speak English very well but for sure they will do all their best to help you in any way that they can.

3. Don't forget about traffic jam in Tehran, it's a disaster!!

4. I'm always open if I can help you in anyway

Enjoy and have fun

Siavash

• Gan C.

Gan C.

Thank you for the comments. What time does traffic jam start in Tehran. Does it take more than 3 hours to go to a few Iran airlines' offices and back to the hotel? · (1 likelikes)

• Siavash Z.

Siavash Z.

Well, generally from from 7 - 8 till 9 in the morning and 4 till 8 or 9 in the evening, mostly depends on the roads you wanna go. Airlines are mostly focused on some main places, such as Mehrabad airport, which I believe if u manage to don't go in rush hours can be easy for you. and I'm not sure where is your hotel, but I believe it will not really hard for you to manage it. · (1 likelikes)

• Gan C.

Gan C.

I will have a list of Iranian airlines' offices to visit. I will show you and consult you. Thank you. · (1 likelikes)

• Gan C.

Gan C.

Hi, Siavash, I would like to visit these airline offices in Tehran: 1. Aria Airlines at Ekbatan. 2. Caspian Airlines at No. 5, Takhti Square, Dr. Behesti Avenue. 3. Kish Air at Opp. Rahahan Stadium, Ekbatan. 4. Qeshm Air at 11th St, Gandhi Avenue. 5. Saha Airlines at Saedi St, Karaj Old Riad. 6. Mahan Air at Mahan Tower, Azadegan St, Karaj Expressway. 7. IranAir Tours at Mofatteh Junction, Motahari Avenue. Are the above addresses easy for taxi drivers to reach there? · (0 likelikes)

1. Tehran (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Siavash a Thank You Note