Katie from Los Angeles asked

Best free things to do in Tampa?

I'm going to be in Tampa next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

Tampa (Florida)

Patrick from Leeds

The newly opened Tampa Riverwalk is a great way to enjoy the river and downtown Tampa - it connects several museums, restaurants, bars and galleries and it's historical markers, statues and art pieces are beautiful.  Also, the historic Ybor City connects you with over 100 of Cuban, Italian and Spanish culture plus cigar rollers, great food and 7th Avenue feels like a Spanish New Orleans.

1. Tampa Riverwalk (attraction)
  2. Ybor City (neighborhood)
  3. 7th Avenue (attraction)
W from Tampa

If it's not raining.... Walk the Tampa Riverwalk downtown and Bayshore Blvd

1. Tampa Riverwalk (attraction)
  2. Bayshore Blvd (attraction)
Christopher from Port Richey

Whenever my friends and I are bored out of our minds, we usually go to river walk to walk around longboard and hang out. There's a place close to Riverwalk called Ybor City and it is beyond lit. There is an art gallery, many restaurants and Clubs and a lot of interesting people to see

1. Ybor City (neighborhood)
Andrew from Town 'n' Country, Florida

Take a walk along Bayshore Blvd or the new Tampa Riverwalk downtown...very cheap.

1. Bayshore Blvd (attraction)
  2. Tampa Riverwalk (attraction)
kaleigh from Tampa

Rent a city bike and ride down the River Walk. It will take you from a cool restaurant called Ulele where you can grab a drink, through downtown and all along the Hillsborough River. Enjoy! :)

Marilyn from Tampa

JENINE
I do believe our Tampa Museum of Art downtown is donation only on Fridays from 4-8pm. Tampa Riverwalk is super fun to walk at night or day and people watch. Walking through Hyde Park Village and grabbing a coffee and stopping at Goody Goody Burgers is also a lovely day. There are bikes all over that you can rent. If you like cheaper cocktails, Davis Islands main street is fun for that type of thing, one main street, very locals bar with mix of island folks and staff from hospital. I am unsure if you have the ability to drive out a bit but research Bok Tower Gardens, super cool. I would say walking DowntownBayshore Boulevard, Channelside Bay Plaza aka Sparkman Wharf and Hyde Park Village will pass you by our musuems and other stops and then you can sort of decide how you want to use the tight budget. University Of Tampa is also a pretty neat museum as it was a hotel. Have a blast, Tampa is a hidden gem with culture and art and vibrant folks. Oh! almost forgot my old neighborhood, for more of hipster vibe and I mean that kindly, check out Seminole Heights, old neighborhood and eats and Tampa Heights, Armature Works, which is technically at the end of the riverwalk. Again to be budget friendly for an experience if you are open, our oldest dive bar, The Hub Bar, you may sit next to a judge, attorney, homeless person, hipster or older retired person and they have the heaviest pour I have experienced in my life and travels and headed towards the big 50 :) Enjoy!

1. Tampa Museum of Art (attraction)
  2. Tampa Riverwalk (route)
  3. Hyde Park Village (attraction)
  4. Goody Goody Burgers (restaurant)
  5. Davis Islands (natural feature)
  6. Downtown (attraction)
  7. Bayshore Boulevard (route)
  8. Channelside Bay Plaza (attraction)
  9. Sparkman Wharf (park)
  10. University Of Tampa (attraction)
  11. Seminole Heights (attraction)
  12. Tampa Heights (attraction)
  13. Armature Works (restaurant)
  14. The Hub Bar (attraction)
Alexxus
Take a walk down the Tampa Riverwalk, or drive/park and walk around Weedon Island, FloridaSaint Petersburg (Florida) downtown has a mural district, too! All free!

Neldred