Tampa

Best free things to do in Tampa?

I'm going to be in Tampa next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

Patrick from Leeds

The newly opened Tampa Riverwalk is a great way to enjoy the river and downtown Tampa - it connects several museums, restaurants, bars and galleries and it's historical markers, statues and art pieces are beautiful.  Also, the historic Ybor City connects you with over 100 of Cuban, Italian and Spanish culture plus cigar rollers, great food and 7th Avenue feels like a Spanish New Orleans.

1. Tampa Riverwalk (attraction)
  2. Ybor City (neighborhood)
  3. 7th Avenue (attraction)

W from Tampa

If it's not raining.... Walk the Tampa Riverwalk downtown and Bayshore Blvd

1. Tampa Riverwalk (attraction)
  2. Bayshore Blvd (attraction)

Christopher from Port Richey

Whenever my friends and I are bored out of our minds, we usually go to river walk to walk around longboard and hang out. There's a place close to Riverwalk called Ybor City and it is beyond lit. There is an art gallery, many restaurants and Clubs and a lot of interesting people to see

1. Ybor City (neighborhood)

Andrew from Town 'n' Country, Florida

Take a walk along Bayshore Blvd or the new Tampa Riverwalk downtown...very cheap.

1. Bayshore Blvd (attraction)
  2. Tampa Riverwalk (attraction)

kaleigh from Tampa

Rent a city bike and ride down the River Walk. It will take you from a cool restaurant called Ulele where you can grab a drink, through downtown and all along the Hillsborough River. Enjoy! :)