chaya
Jerusalem

Taipei

Budget hostel or hotel in Taipei?

Can anyone recommend a budget hotel or hostel that is in the center close to metro station

Rosalind from Taipei

There are plenty around Taipei main station, Zhongshan Station and  Ximen Station.

1. Taipei main station (attraction)
  2. Zhongshan Station (attraction)
  3. Ximen Station (attraction)

Cindy from Rochester (New York)

Look into  途中 台北 國際青年旅舍 / On My Way Taipei Hostel. It's a nice spot and isn't expensive. 

Shar from Taipei

Maybe try Airbnb too? 

Tracy from Taipei

There are a lot of hostel and hotel in Taipei. Of course, hostel is much cheaper than hotel. It really depends on what kind of quality you are looking for. I think you can use booking.com to get some ideas.  I was working in the hostel which called the Green World Hostel, and I like how their workers work with guests. They provide you breakfast and sometime they will have a tour to go around Taipei. There is one metro station down by the hostel and lots of good food around it. Hope I answer your question

1. Green World Hostel (hotel)