aliona
Moscow

Syracuse

perfect romantic places to go out? for dinner or so

our first journey with my Mr.Big for 4 days to Syracuse

Stanley from Butte

I've got three names for you:

• Caseificio Borderi: This is a breakfast, lunch, and brunch place.  They have really good sandwiches and a wide assortment of cheeses, meats, and wine.  It's a cute place and I had one of the best sandwiches of my life there.
  • Bistrot Le Vin De L'assassin: I know it seems wrong to go to a non-Sicilian restaurant, but the French food here is out of this world.  Do the salmon, the beef bourguignonne and the foie gras.  They do them very well.  This would be great for a date night.
  • Sicilia in Tavola: I see that Shaina has mentioned this one and I agree with everything she said.  You should definitely order pasta and a cannoli or two there.

If you want something fun to do, I suggest the  Puppet Theatre.  I admit I had to be dragged there my first time, but I ended up really enjoying it.  It's puppets on stage and of course it's all in Italian, but they give you a pamphlet with a synopsis of what's going on in your own language.  It's really something else.

I hope you have fun and let me know if you want other advice in the area!

1. Caseificio Borderi (restaurant)
  2. Bistrot Le Vin De L'assassin (restaurant)
  3. Sicilia in Tavola (restaurant)
  4. Puppet Theatre (attraction)

Shaina from Hilton Head Island

Sicilia in Tavola!  It's located in the center of the island and everything was so fresh and amazing.  Really great pasta and seafood, not to mention ambiance.  And you HAVE TO get the cannoli for dessert.  I think you can just order anything off the menu and it will be good.  I hope you have a great time with your Mr. Big, Carrie! ;)

1. Sicilia in Tavola (restaurant)

maretta from Washington, DC

If your in Rome, we had a really lovely romantic dinner at the Artemide Hotel. They have a beautiful rooftop that has views of the Vatican and is really something to see at  night. The food was also really really good and they have a nice variety of options. We were staying at the hotel but you can most likely call and make reservations. It is conveniently located near major sites and definitely worth investigating. We also went to this place called Ristorante Tulliowhich is more of a local place. It is upscale and authentic but it's more populated than the quiet rooftop still worth visiting. 

1. Artemide Hotel (hotel)
  2. Ristorante Tullio (restaurant)

Oleg from Sacramento

Italy is a big place. Can you be more specific?