David
Milwaukee

David from Milwaukee asked

Mainstream attractions in Sydney -- not my choice ;)

Going to Sydney for work this year and sadly, I need to organize some visits to very mainstream places--nothing too outrageous or unusual as this is a very...uh...mainstream group. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time! Dave

Sydney

Brew from Manhattan Beach

The Royal Botanic Gardens Sydney is a great place to stroll. Take a lunch and enjoy in the gardens before/after walking by the Sydney Opera House.

Soraya from New York City

Aussies know how to have fun better than almost anyone - and Bondi Beach is the
physical representation of this.  I would start my day there, then spend the afternoon at the Sydney Opera House. It's ideal.

1. Bondi Beach (metro area)
  2. Sydney Opera House (attraction)
Caroline from Atlanta

Maybe Sydney Tower? It's cheaper than the Bridge Climb and has great views of the city. I also recommend walking The Rocks Market.

YingLiang
I would definitely make the trip up to Blue Mountains. If your group is up for a hike, i would say a day trek there is absolutely worth it! Totally immerse in its richness and beauty, and soak up the landscape views of Blue Mountains, and along the trek, there is a gorgeous waterfall called Wentworth. Finish the trek with a hot chocolate at Blue Mountains Chocolate Company, best cuppa i've ever had!

David from Sydney

Hi Dave - head to Circular Quay, see the Harbour Bridge and Opera House, take a ferry to Manly, see the beach and take the ferry back. Walk around to the Rocks area.

If you're up for a walk, take the bus to Bondi Beach and walk to Bronte Beach, and take the bus back to the city.

1. Circular Quay (attraction)
  2. Manly (city)
  3. Bondi Beach (metro area)
  4. Bronte Beach (attraction)
YingLiang

I would definitely make the trip up to Blue Mountains. If your group is up for a hike, i would say a day trek there is absolutely worth it! Totally immerse in its richness and beauty, and soak up the landscape views of Blue Mountains, and along the trek, there is a gorgeous waterfall called Wentworth. Finish the trek with a hot chocolate at  Blue Mountains Chocolate Company, best cuppa i've ever had! ·