• Jessie Gan
  • "First Trip to Sydney, 8 days, what should i do?"

Jessie Gan

San Jose, California

First Trip to Sydney, 8 days, what should i do?

Planning a trip next year to Sydney Australia in Sept 2017.  I've never been, and it will be me, my wife and another couple, no kids on this trip.  What should I do in my 8 days?  What are my can't miss things to do?  If I had another 3 days to travel to a neighboring area like New Zealand let me know if you recommend it.  Since I am not going till next year should I get PADI certified here in the US so I can enjoy out there?  I will likely never go back to this place of the world again so help me figure out my can't miss scenarios.  Wife and I love a mix of things, some outdoors, some theater, some nice places to eat, beach time, water sports, and of course relaxing, so not really focused on any one area of thing to do.

• Sydney Harbour (attraction)

110 George St Sydney NSW 2000 612 9240 8500

• Taronga Zoo (attraction)

1 Bradleys Head Rd Mosman NSW 2088 (02) 9969 2777

• Sydney Opera House (attraction)

2 Macquarie St. Quay NSW 2000 (02) 9250 7777

• Lorraine Moore

Sydney Harbour Climb is fun and gives great views. Visit The Rocks-old area of Sydney now with great restaurants, bars, etc. Take ferry to Manly-you may see the tiny penguins if you're lucky. Taronga Zoo. Sydney Opera House Opera House. Viewing platform of Sydney Tower for views. Shop in the Queen Victoria Building.Do a Sydney Harbour cruise-Fantasea and All Occasion Cruises are 2 companies offering them.Get the ferry from Circular Quay to Fort Denison in the harbour and have lunch at the restaurant and visit the museum. Consider day trips-can do a tour to Hunter Valley Wine Tasting Toursr will be about $189 pp.(AUD) Day trip to Port Stephens-can do a bus tour which calls at Australian Reptile Park, goes on a dolphin watching cruise then takes you to Stockton Bight Track sand dunes where you can try sandboarding-about $189 pp. Day trip to Blue Mountains City Council-or stay up there-national park-walking trails,in Katoomba steepest funicular railway in world (Katoomba Scenic Railway) or the cable car over the Jamison Valley-amazing views (Scenic Skyway). Jenolan Caves-about 175K from Sydney-can self drive, or take train to Katoomba from SydneyCentral and then get Blue Mountains Bus Company bus. Or day trips-Gray Line, AAT KIngs, FJ Tours, IEC, and Colourful Trips do day tour. Each cave is charged separately-cost between $35 and $48 each. Can stay at Jenolan Caves in Caves House-pre book.

3 days is not much time to see New Zealand-if you want to do that, you will have to choose a destination and just see a very small part. About 4 hours fly time to NZ.

1. Sydney Harbour (attraction)
    2. The Rocks (attraction)
    3. Taronga Zoo (attraction)
    4. Sydney Opera House (attraction)
    5. Circular Quay (neighborhood)
    6. Fort Denison (restaurant)
    7. Hunter Valley Wine Tasting Tours (attraction)
    8. Port Stephens (city)
    9. Australian Reptile Park (attraction)
    10. Stockton Bight Track (unknown)
    11. Blue Mountains City Council (metro area)
    12. Jenolan Caves (neighborhood)
    13. Katoomba (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Lorraine a Thank You Note